Saturday, February 19, 2011

First full day of production

It appears I won't be able to keep a live link detailing realtime electricity production on the blog b/c a user name and password is required to access the data on the Kaco server, and I'd rather not post that info for some unscrupulous person to abuse. I will, however, post recaps on occasion, and the first full day of generating electricity is one of those occasions. Ignore the erroneous data to the left of 4:00 am; it's an artifact from yesterday and the fact that that data was still recorded on German time. The day was actually fairly cloudy, so I am pleased with the numbers overall. You have to remember that the panels are only tilted at 15 degrees to the south; not exactly optimal for this time of the year with the sun relatively low to the horizon even at noon. However, we've already generated over 20 kw since recording started late yesterday afternoon. I leave for Milwaukee tomorrow, but it will be nice to stay in touch with the local photons anytime I want to log on.

No comments:

Post a Comment